- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Hot Fudge Topping
- 1/2 cup HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips, HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips or HERSHEY'S Mini Chips Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk or sour milk
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F. Generously grease and flour 12-cup fluted tube pan.
- 2. Beat butter, sugar and vanilla in large bowl until well blended. Add eggs; beat well. Stir together flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda and salt; add alternately with buttermilk to butter mixture. Pour 4 cups batter into prepared pan. Stir topping and remaining 1/4 teaspoon baking soda into remaining batter. Spoon over vanilla batter. Sprinkle chocolate chips over surface.
- 3. Bake 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out almost clean. Cool 10 minutes, remove from pan to wire rack. Glaze with CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE. Makes 12 servings.
- *To sour milk: Use 1 tablespoon white vinegar plus milk to equal 1 cup.
- CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE: Place 1/2 cup HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips, HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips or HERSHEY'S Mini Chips Semi-Sweet Chocolate and 1 tablespoon shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil) in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 30 seconds; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 10 seconds or until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth when stirred.