Stay In The Know! Subscribe to HERSHEY'S Free Newsletters.
Sign up today to receive wonderful recipes, great gift ideas, activities, and lots of tips and advice directly to your email inbox. It's free and easy, and you'll be one of the first to know about special offers, coupons, sweepstakes, and new products.
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Line 15-1/2x10-1/2x1-inch jelly roll pan with foil; generously grease foil.
2. Beat egg yolks in large bowl on medium speed 3 minutes; gradually add 1/2 cup sugar, beating 2 additional minutes. Stir together flour, cocoa, 1/4 cup sugar, baking soda and salt; add to egg yolk mixture alternately with water, beating on low speed just until batter is smooth. Stir in vanilla; set aside.
3. Beat egg whites in medium bowl until soft peaks form; gradually add remaining 1 tablespoon sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Gradually fold beaten egg whites into chocolate mixture until well blended. Spread batter evenly into prepared pan.
4. Bake 14 to 16 minutes or until top springs back when touched lightly. Immediately loosen cake from edges of pan; invert onto clean, slightly dampened towel. Carefully peel off foil. Cool completely.
5. Meanwhile, prepare PUMPKIN FILLING. Cut cake crosswise into four equal pieces. Place one piece on serving plate; spread about 3/4 cup filling over top. Repeat layering with remaining cake and filling, ending with cake layer. Prepare and spread SIMPLE COCOA GLAZE over top; garnish with almonds, if desired. Refrigerate until serving time. Refrigerate leftover torte. 18 servings.
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
3 tablespoons shortening
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1-3/4 cups powdered sugar
1. Combine pumpkin and flour in small saucepan; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, just until mixture comes to a boil (mixture will be very thick). Remove from heat. Beat with whisk until creamy and smooth; set aside. Cool completely.
2. Beat butter and shortening in small bowl until creamy; add spices. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Slowly blend in pumpkin mixture. Refrigerate until ready to use. About 2-1/4 cups filling.
SIMPLE COCOA GLAZE
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
1 tablespoon HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1 tablespoon water
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Melt butter in small saucepan over low heat; add cocoa and water. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens; do not boil. Remove from heat. Gradually add powdered sugar and vanilla, beating with whisk until smooth and thickened.
This is delicious! Next time, though, I will double the filling.
My co-workers loved the chocolate glaze. When I make this again I will make half the pumpkin filling, and twice the glaze. The pumpkin filling has a nice spicy flavor that compliments the chocolate. A lot of steps for a small cake, but it's worth the ooh's and ahh's.
"Ad Alert" is our way of telling you that the website you're viewing may be trying to sell you something. If you are under the age of 18, always get permission from your parent or guardian before you make a purchase or even submit any information about yourself online. Thanks!