Stay In The Know! Subscribe to HERSHEY'S Free Newsletters.
Sign up today to receive wonderful recipes, great gift ideas, activities, and lots of tips and advice directly to your email inbox. It's free and easy, and you'll be one of the first to know about special offers, coupons, sweepstakes, and new products.
2/3 cup HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa or HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2/3 cup butter or margarine
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Line 15-1/2x10-1/2x1-inch jelly-roll pan with foil; grease and flour foil.
2. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda; gradually add to butter mixture, alternately with milk, beating until well blended. Spread batter in prepared pan.
3. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Invert onto wire rack; carefully peel off foil. Cool completely.
4. Prepare CHOCOLATE MOUSSE FILLING. Trim edges from cake; cut cake crosswise into 4 equal pieces, each about 9x3-1/2 inches. Place one layer on serving plate; spread with about 1/2 cup filling. Repeat with 2 more layers; pipe or spread fourth layer with remaining filling. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Cover; refrigerate leftover torte. 18 servings.
CHOCOLATE MOUSSE FILLING
1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
1 tablespoon cold water
2 tablespoons boiling water
1 cup (1/2 pt.) cold whipping cream
1/3 cup powdered sugar
3 tablespoons HERSHEY'S Cocoa or HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in small cup; let stand several minutes to soften. Add boiling water; stir until gelatin is dissolved and mixture is clear. Cool 5 minutes.
2. Beat whipping cream, powdered sugar, cocoa and vanilla in medium bowl until thickened; pour in gelatin mixture and beat until stiff. Use immediately. About 2 cups filling.
We made this for Easter and it was a hit with everyone. Piping the icing a little difficult. But what do they always say "Never try a new recipe for guests! Try it out for your family first, they will eat it anyway." It wasn't perfect but everyone loved it just the same. Can't go wrong with this one, the taste is so Hershey's and the Special Dark Cocoa is just over the top! Kudos to whoever came up with this one!
"Ad Alert" is our way of telling you that the website you're viewing may be trying to sell you something. If you are under the age of 18, always get permission from your parent or guardian before you make a purchase or even submit any information about yourself online. Thanks!