1/4 cup HERSHEY'SDark Chocolate Chips, CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips or CHIPITS Milk Chocolate Chips (50 mL)
1/2 tsp shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil) (2 mL)
1/3 cup granulated sugar (75 mL)
3 tbsp cornstarch (45 mL)
1 cup milk (250 mL)
1/2 cup water (125 mL)
4 egg yolks, beaten (4)
1 3/4 cups HERSHEY'S Dark Chocolate Chips, CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips or CHIPITS Milk Chocolate Chips (425 mL)
1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mL)
3/4 cup whipping cream, whipped (175 mL)
1/2 cup whipping cream, whipped (125 mL)
8 strawberries (optional) (8)
Valentine's Day Chocolate Mousse
1. Chocolate Hearts: Place chocolate chips and shortening in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) for 30 seconds; stir until melted. Let stand 2 minutes. Pour into heavy duty small plastic bag; cut off a tiny corner of the bag. Squeeze bag to pipe mixture into heart shapes on wax paper. Refrigerate until firm.
2. Chocolate Mousse: Stir together sugar and cornstarch in medium heavy saucepan; whisk in milk and water. Cook, stirring, over medium-high heat until boiling. Stir about half of hot mixture into beaten egg yolks. Return egg mixture to the saucepan. Cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute; remove from heat.
3. Add chocolate chips and vanilla to hot mixture; stir until chocolate is melted. Pour into small metal bowl. Set bowl inside a larger bowl filled with ice water. Beat on high speed of mixer for about 5 minutes or until chocolate mixture is completely cooled. Fold in the whipped cream. Spoon into martini glasses or dessert dishes. Cover lightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate 30 minutes or up to 2 days.
4. Garnish: Just before serving, top each with a dollop of the whipped cream and a strawberry (if using). Peel chocolate hearts from wax paper; place one on each dessert.
Makes 8 servings.
• To form perfectly shaped chocolate hearts, trace around a small heart-shaped cookie cutter on a piece of white paper. Tape wax paper over the white paper; pipe chocolate on wax paper following the outline.
"Ad Alert" is our way of telling you that the website you're viewing may be trying to sell you something. If you are under the age of 18, always get permission from your parent or guardian before you make a purchase or even submit any information about yourself online. Thanks!