1/3 cup each HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate and White Chocolate Chips (75 mL)
1 cup HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate Chips, melted (250 mL)
1 cup each small jelly beans and toasted coconut flakes (approx.) (250 mL)
Chocolate Chip Cookie Nests
1. Stir flour with baking powder and salt in a small bowl. Beat sugar and butter until fluffy in a large bowl; beat in egg. Use a wooden spoon to mix in flour mixture and chips until crumbly. Gently knead dough until it holds together. Halve dough and shape into two, 1 1/2-inch (4 cm) thick logs. Wrap and chill at least 1 hour.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Slice logs into 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick disks; transfer to parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Chill for at least 15 minutes. Bake, in batches, on the centre rack, for 10 to 12 minutes or until bottoms are pale golden. Transfer to a rack; cool completely.
3. Garnish:Spread a thin layer of melted chocolate over each cookie. Decorate with jelly beans and sprinkle evenly with coconut. Makes about 40 cookies.
• Use plastic wrap or waxed paper to help form dough into logs.
• Dough can be held in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
• When slicing cookies, use a serrated knife for best results; smooth any rough edges with fingers before baking.
• To melt the chips, place in a heatproof bowl set over gently simmering water and stir until smooth.
• To toast the coconut, spread on a baking sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden in a 350°F (180°C) oven.
"Ad Alert" is our way of telling you that the website you're viewing may be trying to sell you something. If you are under the age of 18, always get permission from your parent or guardian before you make a purchase or even submit any information about yourself online. Thanks!