HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Mini Chocolate Chips or CHIPITS Milk Chocolate Chips
HERSHEY'S Red Velvet Cake
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease and flour a 9 x 13-inch (3.5 L) baking pan.**
2. Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl; add eggs and vanilla, beating well. Stir buttermilk with food colouring. Stir flour with cocoa and salt; add alternately to butter mixture with buttermilk mixture, mixing well. Stir in baking soda and vinegar. Pour into prepared pan.
3. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in centre comes out clean. Place on a wire rack and cool completely in pan. Frost and decorate as desired.
* To sour milk: Use 1 tbsp (15 mL) white vinegar plus milk to equal 1 cup (250 mL).
**Cake can also be baked in two, greased and floured, 9-inch (1.5 L) round cake pans. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in centre comes out clean. Place on a wire rack and cool for 10 minutes in pan. Turn cakes out from pans and cool completely. Frost and decorate as desired. (Prepare or purchase extra frosting for layer cakes.)
• Heart Shapes: Use an open-topped heart-shaped cookie cutter, at least 1 1/2-inch (4 cm) deep and 3-inches (8 cm) wide to cut cake into 12 hearts. Frost and decorate as desired.
"Ad Alert" is our way of telling you that the website you're viewing may be trying to sell you something. If you are under the age of 18, always get permission from your parent or guardian before you make a purchase or even submit any information about yourself online. Thanks!