1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease an 8-inch (20 cm) square baking pan; line with parchment paper to overhang two sides. Stir flour with cocoa powder, baking powder and salt; set aside. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir in sugar and remove from heat. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Stir in flour mixture just until moistened (do not over mix). Fold in hazelnuts and 1 cup (250 mL) chocolate chips. Scrape into prepared pan; smooth top.
2. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until top is set and edges pull away from the pan. Cool for 1 hour. Use parchment paper to transfer from pan to a rack; cool completely.
3. Frosting: Place remaining 1/2 cup (125 mL) chocolate chips and whipping cream in a small heat-proof bowl. Heat in the microwave on HIGH for 40 seconds; stir until chocolate is melted and smooth. Beat icing sugar and butter on low until crumbly. Scrape in chocolate mixture; beat on medium-high for 3 minutes or until fluffy. Spread over cooled brownies. Cut into squares.
Makes 16 servings.
• Toast hazelnuts by spreading out on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden and fragrant. Rub hazelnuts in a clean kitchen towel to remove as much of their papery skins as possible.
• Instead of a knife, use a small, heavy bowl or measuring cup with a flat bottom to push down on hazelnuts to achieve a coarse 'chop'.
• Dip extra toasted hazelnuts in a little melted chocolate and use to garnish brownies.
"Ad Alert" is our way of telling you that the website you're viewing may be trying to sell you something. If you are under the age of 18, always get permission from your parent or guardian before you make a purchase or even submit any information about yourself online. Thanks!