1 cup HERSHEY'S Dark Chocolate Chips or CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (250 mL)
6 tbsp butter or margarine (90 mL)
Chocolate Mint Dessert
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 9 x 13-inch (3.5 L) baking pan.
2. Combine flour, sugar, butter, eggs and syrup in a large bowl; beat until smooth. Pour batter into prepared pan.
3. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until top springs back when touched lightly in the centre. Cool completely on wire rack.
4. Mint Cream Centre: Combine sugar, butter and crème de menthe in a bowl and beat until well combined. Spread mint mixture over cooled cake. Cover and chill.
5. Chocolate Glaze: Combine chocolate chips and butter in a small saucepan set over low heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until chips are melted and mixture is smooth; cool slightly. Pour glaze over chilled dessert. Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
Makes 12 servings.
• Replace crème de menthe with 1 tbsp (15 mL) water, plus 1/2 tsp (2 mL) mint extract and a few drops of green food colouring.
• Chocolate Mint Triangles: Cut chilled dessert into twelve 3-inch (8 cm) squares; cut each square diagonally into halves. Makes 24 servings.
• Double Chocolate Mint Dessert: Substitute the chocolate chips with CHIPITS Mint Chocolate Chips in the Chocolate Glaze and omit crème de menthe in the Mint Cream Centre.
"Ad Alert" is our way of telling you that the website you're viewing may be trying to sell you something. If you are under the age of 18, always get permission from your parent or guardian before you make a purchase or even submit any information about yourself online. Thanks!