SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 5 Minutes
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
- 1. Beat butter, shortening and vanilla in large mixer bowl until blended. Beat in 1 cup powdered sugar, beating until creamy.
- 2. Beat in remaining powdered sugar alternately with milk, beating to spreading consistency. Makes about 2-2/3 cups frosting.
- VANILLA FROSTING with CHOCOLATE CHIPS: Stir 1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Kitchens Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, HERSHEY'S Kitchens SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips, HERSHEY'S Kitchens Milk Chocolate Chips or HERSHEY'S Kitchens Mini Chips Semi-Sweet Chocolate into prepared frosting.