Tiered Peanut Butter Cup Crumble Cake
|2-1/3 cups||All-Purpose Flour|
|1-1/4 cups||HERSHEY'S Cocoa|
|2-1/4 teaspoons||Baking powder|
|2-1/4 teaspoons||Baking soda|
|3/4 cup||Vegetable oil|
|1 tablespoon||Vanilla extract|
|1-1/2 cups||Boiling water|
|15 pieces||REESE'S Peanut Butter Cups Miniatures|
|15 pieces||REESE'S White Peanut Butter Cups Miniatures|
|ONE-BOWL BUTTERCREAM FROSTING (recipe follows)|
|1||REESE'S Peanut Butter Cup|
- 1. Heat oven to 350° F. Grease and flour two 8-inch round baking pans with 2-inch sides and two 6-inch round baking pans with 2-inch sides.
- 2. Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour batter into prepared pans, filling each pan about 1/2 full.
- 3. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- 4. Remove wrappers from peanut butter cups; cut each cup into halves. Set aside.
- 5. Prepare ONE-BOWL BUTTERCREAM FROSTING; set aside. Loosen cake from pan sides; remove from pans.
- 6. To assemble cake, place one 8-inch cake layer on cake plate. Starting in the middle of the cake layer, spread 1/2-inch layer of frosting (about 1-1/2 cups) evenly over surface and just past the edge. Place second 8-inch layer on frosting, pressing gently.
- 7. Add about 1/4 cup frosting to center of top cake layer; center one 6-inch cake layer and press gently so that cake layer stays in place. Repeat frosting steps used for first tier. (Use about 3/4 cup frosting between the two 6-inch layers.) Frost entire cake. Place peanut butter cups halves over entire cake. Garnish with peanut butter cup. Makes about 20 servings. ONE-BOWL BUTTERCREAM
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 5-1/3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract Beat butter in large bowl until fluffy. Stir together powdered sugar and cocoa; alternately add with milk until of spreading consistency (additional milk may be needed). Blend in vanilla. Makes about 4 cups frosting.