S'mores Pieces Skillet Cookies
Ever heard of a s’mores skillet cookie? This quick and easy recipe brings the classic campfire treat straight to your oven. The secret is HERSHEY’S S’mores Baking Pieces. Whip them up anytime you get a hankering for campfire fare.
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner PREP TIME : 12 Minutes
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-3/4 cups HERSHEY'S S'mores Baking Pieces, divided
- Ice cream (optional)
- 1. Heat oven to 350° F. Lightly butter 8 (5-inch) skillets.* (Recipe will make 8 skillet cookies, but can be baked one at a time if you only have 1 skillet or baked on parchment lined cookie sheet.)
2. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in medium bowl until well blended. Add egg, blending thoroughly. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; beat into butter mixture until well blended. Set aside 1/3 cup pieces; stir remaining pieces into batter. Spread about 1/3 cup cookie batter in each prepared skillet, spreading to about 1/2-inch from edge. (Batter will spread as cookie bakes.) Randomly push remaining baking pieces into surface of each cookie.
3. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly brown and set. Cool slightly; serve warm in skillet with ice cream, if desired. OR, cool 10 minutes; remove cookie from skillet. Makes 8 skillet cookies.
Pizza pan; Line 12-inch medal pizza pan with foil. Spread batter to 1-inch from pan edge. Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until lightly browned and set. Cool completely; carefully lift cookie from pan and remove foil. Cut into wedges to serve.
*Cookie sheets: Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper. Drop 4 cookies (about 1/3 cup each) on each cookie sheet. Flatten slightly to make 3-inch circle. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned and set. Cool slightly. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely or serve slightly warm with ice cream, if desired.