REESE'S Peanut Butter Cup Brownies
What’s better than brownies? Brownies with REESE’S Peanut Butter Cups. Everyone’s favorite chocolate treat goes to the next level with this easy recipe that’s almost as fun to make as it is to eat. There’s never a wrong time to eat this homemade peanut butter and chocolate treat.
SKILL LEVEL : Intermediate
- 2-3/4 cups chopped REESE'S Peanut Butter Cups*
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- PEANUT BUTTER SWIRL (recipe follows)
- 1. Heat oven to 350° F. Grease 9-inch square baking pan. Line with parchment paper; grease
parchment paper. Remove wrappers and coarsely chop peanut butter cups; set aside.
2. Place 1-3/4 cups peanut butter cups and oil in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until candy is melted and mixture is blended when stirred.
3. Stir in granulated sugar and brown sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing to combine. Blend in vanilla. Stir together flour and salt; blend into mixture; fold in remaining 1 cup chopped peanut butter cups. Spread batter in prepared pan.
4. Prepare PEANUT BUTTER SWIRL; drizzle over brownie batter. Swirl with metal spatula or knife for marbled effect.
5. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. Store leftover bars in airtight container at room temperature for up to a week. Makes 16 brownies.
PEANUT BUTTER SWIRL: Combine 3 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted), 1/2 cup powdered sugar and 1/2 cup REESE'S Creamy Peanut Butter in small bowl until smooth.
* 39 REESE'S Peanut Butter Cups Miniatures or 18 to 20 regular or Snack Size REESE'S Peanut Butter Cups.
Recipe provided to The Hershey Company by PureWow and used with permission.