REESE'S Peanut Butter Chip Temptations
Get out your muffin tin and bake the best peanut butter cookies you've ever tasted. Each one contains a chocolate peanut butter cup inside.
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 20 Minutes
- About 40 REESE'S Peanut Butter Cups Miniatures or 12 (0.75 oz. each) REESE'S Peanut Butter Cups, quartered
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine 1 (stick) , softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 cup REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips
- 1 egg
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts
- 1. Heat oven to 350° F. Remove wrappers from peanut butter cups. Line small muffin cups (1-3/4 inches in diameter) with paper bake cups.
- 2. Place butter and peanut butter chips in large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 10 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred. Add brown sugar, egg and vanilla, beating until well blended. Stir in flour, baking soda and nuts, blending well.
- 3. Shape dough into 40 equal (about 1 inch) balls. Roll in granulated sugar; place one in each paper-lined muffin cup.
- 4. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven; immediately press peanut butter cup into center of each cookie. Cool completely in muffin pan. Makes 40 cookies.