REESE’S Candy Bar Shake
Chocolate and peanut butter meet ice cream in this candy bar inspired milkshake. Chunks of REESE'S Peanut Butter Cups fill this milkshake with peanut butter flavor. Whether you top it with whole peanut butter cup lollipops and brownie bites or not, you'll love this over-the-top dessert.
- 1 standard size REESE'S Peanut Butter Cup, KIT KAT Candy Bar or 6 HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates
- 1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Syrup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups Breyers®vanilla or chocolate ice cream
- BASIC RECIPE:
Break chocolate bar into pieces; place in blender container. Add syrup and milk. Cover; blend until smooth. Add ice cream; cover and blend until smooth and thick. Serve immediately. Makes 1 (3-cup) serving.
1. About 1 hour ahead or several days ahead make CHOCOLATE CANDY BAR LOLLIPOPS using REESE'S Peanut Butter Cups, KIT KAT Candy Bars or KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates (directions below), if desired. (TIP: For best results use lollipop sticks that will extend one to three inches above the rim of the serving glass.)
2. Swirl HERSHEY'S Syrup in spiral pattern on inside of serving glass.
3. Place thick coating of chocolate frosting (about 1-1/2 inch wide) on outside rim of glass; press additional broken pieces of desired flavor bars into frosting.
4. Prepare milkshake following above directions; pour into glass. Top with whipped cream, desired flavor candy bar topped frosted chocolate cupcakes or brownies.
5. Garnish with CHOCOLATE CANDY LOLLIPOPS, if desired.
CHOCOLATE CANDY LOLLIPOPS: Any combination of HERSHEY, REESE, ALMOND JOY, MOUNDS, YORK, KIT KAT Snack Size or Miniature Bars plus any flavor HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Candies
1 to 2 tablespoons HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate Chips or HERSHEY'S Premier White Creme Chips.
1. Remove wrappers from chocolate candies. Using point of small paring knife "drill" small hole (about 1/4 inch deep) into bottom of each chocolate piece; set aside. Fill small bowl with granulated sugar. Line tray with wax paper.
2. Place 1 tablespoon chocolate chips or white creme chips in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 15 seconds; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 10 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chips are melted and smooth when stirred. One at a time, dip about 1/4 inch of the tip of a lollipop stick into melted chocolate and insert into hole in bottom of chocolate piece. Flat candies can be placed on prepared tray, but for KISSES pieces place pointed end of chocolate piece into sugar. Straighten so that piece is upright with stick pointing straight up. While chocolate is very soft readjust stick so that it is upright. Repeat procedure until desired number of lollipops are made. Allow to firm before using. Store lollipops in cool, dry place.
Breyers® is a registered trademark of Unilever.