Pumpkin Swirled Brownies
These brownies have a pumpkin spice swirl that will make you craving more than two servings!
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 15 Minutes
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup sugar plus 3 tablespoons divided
- 1. Heat oven to 325° F. Line 9x5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper, extending paper beyond pan edges.
- 2. Place 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, butter and cocoa in large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 30 seconds; stir. Microwave an additional 30 seconds; stir. Let mixture stand 1 minute. Stir in egg, vanilla and salt. Add flour; stir vigorously until blended (about 50 strokes). Spread batter in prepared pan; set aside.
- 3. Combine pumpkin, remaining 1 tablespoon sugar, egg yolk and pumpkin pie spice in small bowl. Drop by teaspoons onto brownie batter; swirl with metal spatula or knife for marbled effect.
- 4. Bake 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted into center comes out with moist crumbs. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Use parchment paper to lift brownie out of pan. Cut into slices. Cover; refrigerate leftover brownies.