Pear & Chocolate Tart
Pears, chocolate and almonds team up in this recipe to create a tart that’s the perfect dessert for any holiday celebration or get-together. Simply combine HERSHEY’S Cocoa and CADBURY DAIRY MILK Chocolate to get a pear and chocolate pie that brightens any occasion.
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 20 Minutes
- Prepared pastry for 8-inch pie
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter , softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar or super-fine sugar
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- One half (3.5 oz. bar) CADBURY DAIRY MILK Chocolate Bar
- 1 can pear halves (15 oz.) , drained
- 1. Heat oven to 350° F. Grease 8-inch tart pan with removable bottom.
- 2. Roll out pastry on lightly floured surface until large enough to fit pan. Line pan with pastry; place on baking sheet. Set aside.
- 3. Beat butter and sugar in large mixer bowl until light and fluffy. Add almonds, eggs and cocoa, beating until fluffy. Add melted chocolate; blend thoroughly. Spoon into prepared pastry shell; level surface. Arrange pear halves on surface.
- 4. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until set and wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm or cool. Makes 8 servings.
- Recipe adapted from UK CADBURY site and used with permission.