Not Your Grandma's Pumpkin Pie
A delicious twist on a classic recipe. Pumpkin pie meets HERSHEY’S Milk Chocolate Chips.
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 30 Minutes
- 1 (6 oz) packaged chocolate flavored crumb crust
- 1 egg yolk, slightly beaten
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 can(15 oz.) pumpkin
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Kitchens Milk Chocolate Chips. Divided
- Whipped cream
- Additional HERSHEY'S Kitchens Milk Chocolate Chips for garnish
- 1. Heat oven to 350° F. Brush bottom and side of crust with egg yolk to seal crust. Place crust on baking sheet; bake 5 minutes.
- 2. Blend remaining whole egg, pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk and pumpkin pie spice in large bowl. Stir in 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips; pour into crust.
- 3. Place remaining 1/4 cup chips in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 30 seconds; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 10 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chips are melted and smooth when stirred. Drizzle melted chocolate over pie in decorative pattern.
- 4. Bake on baking sheet 50 to 55 minutes or until wooden pick inserted into center of pie comes out clean. Cool 1 hour. Serve topped with whipped cream; garnish with additional milk chocolate chips, if desired. Cover; refrigerate leftover pie. Makes 8 servings.