No-Bake Dark Chocolate Chia Bites
A food processor and a microwave are all you need to put together these no-bake dark chocolate chia bites. Chewy oats and coconut, crunchy almonds and sweet figs all roll into these delicious cookie balls. They're held together with melted HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Mildly Sweet Chocolate Chips and HERSHEY'S Cocoa for a chocolate kick.
PREP TIME : 40 Minutes
- 1 cup toasted almonds*
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped dried figs
- 1/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 3 tablespoons boiling water
- 3 tablespoons almond butter
- 1-1/2 cups HERSHEY'S Kitchens SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips, divided
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Additional coconut or chia seeds for garnish
- Additional HERSHEY'S Cocoa for rolling
- 1. Line tray or cookie sheet with wax paper.
2. Place almonds in bowl of food processor. Cover; process almonds until fine. Add oats, chia seeds and coconut; pulse until mixture is fine crumbs. Transfer mixture to separate bowl.
3. Place figs, cocoa, boiling water and almond butter in food processor bowl. Process until mixture is smooth. Add reserved almond mixture; process until well blended and holds together when pressed with fingers. Return mixture to bowl; add 3/4 cup chocolate chips, mixing until well blended. Roll mixture into 24 equal balls. Place on prepared tray. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm.
4. Place remaining 3/4 cup chocolate chips and coconut oil in narrow, deep microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 30 seconds; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 10 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred. Dip balls into chocolate with fork and shake to remove excess chocolate. Place on prepared tray. Immediately sprinkle with coconut or chia seeds, if desired. Refrigerate until firm. Firm truffles may also be rolled in cocoa, if desired. Store in refrigerator in airtight container. Makes 24 truffles.
*To toast almonds: Heat oven to 350°. Spread almonds evenly on shallow baking sheet. Bake 5 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned.