Mini Chocolate & Orange Muffins
CADBURY DAIRY MILK Chocolate and orange zest combine in this muffin recipe to create the perfect balance of tangy and sweet. The result is a wonderful crumbly morning snack. Take them on the go or put out a plate for your next brunch.
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 15 Minutes
- 1-1/4 cups self-rising flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar or super-fine sugar
- 1 orange rind , grated
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 egg , beaten
- 1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick) , melted
- One half (3.5 oz. bar) CADBURY DAIRY MILK Chocolate Bar , coarsely chopped
- 1. Heat oven to 400° F. Line 24 (1-3/4 inches in diameter) mini muffin cups with paper or foil baking cups.
- 2. Stir together flour, baking powder, sugar and orange rind in large bowl. Beat together in medium bowl yogurt, egg and melted butter. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Fold in chopped chocolate. Divide evenly into prepared muffin cups.
- 3. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until well risen and golden brown. Makes 24 mini muffins.
- Tip: Muffins may also be baked in 2-1/2 inch diameter muffin cups. Bake 18 to 20 minutes. Makes about 12 muffins.
- Recipe adapted from UK CADBURY site and used with permission.