KIT KAT Ice Cream Cake
You only need three ingredients for this easy chocolate-covered ice cream cake. No need to bake. Just layer crispy KIT KAT® Bars between your favorite ice cream, then cover it all in HERSHEY'S Chocolate Shell Topping. It's perfect for summer birthdays and any other time you need a cool treat.
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 20 Minutes
- 12 (1.5 oz. each) KIT KAT Bars
- 1-1/2 quarts (6 cups) vanilla ice cream, softened at room temperature 5 to 10 minutes
- 2 bottles (7.25 oz. each) HERSHEY'S Chocolate Shell Topping
- 1. Line 9x5-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap. Use one piece to line the pan lengthwise and a
second piece to line the pan across the pan width. Remove wrappers from candy bars.
2. Spoon about 2 cups ice cream into the pan; press firmly to form an even layer and eliminate any air pockets. Place and press 4 candy bars side by side into ice cream so that candy bar fingers are running across width of pan. If necessary, break off any candy bar segments so that candy bars fit snugly in pan. Repeat layering process two more times, ending with candy as top layer. (Pan should be full to the top edge.)
3. Cover cake; freeze at least 1 hour 20 minutes or up to overnight.
4. Lift cake out of pan using plastic wrap as handles. Invert ice cream cake onto cooling rack set on a baking sheet. Peel away plastic wrap.
5. Shake shell topping; pour evenly over cake sides, spreading to cover evenly. Finish by covering cake top. Slice and serve immediately or keep frozen for up to a month before serving. Makes 12 servings.
Recipe provided to The Hershey Company by PureWow and used with permission.