Jammy Chocolate Muffins
Surprise your guests with this black forest muffin recipe that tucks away a spoonful of jam in the center. Sweet jam and rich chocolate make the perfect pair. The recipe calls for raspberry or strawberry jam, but use your favorite to make breakfast extra sweet.
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 1 Hr. 5 Minutes
- 1-1/4 cups plus 3 tablespoons self rising flour
- 3 tablespoons HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- One half (3.5 oz. bar) CADBURY DAIRY MILK Chocolate Bar , coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar or super-fine sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter , melted and cooled
- 3 tablespoons strawberry jam or raspberry jam
- 1. Heat oven to 400° F. Line 12 muffin cups (2-1/2 inches in diameter) with paper or foil baking cups.
- 2. Stir together flour, cocoa and baking powder in large bowl. Stir in chopped chocolate and sugar.
- 3. Beat together eggs, yogurt and butter in medium bowl. Add to dry ingredients, stirring until just combined. (Over mixing will cause the muffins to become tough.)
- 4. Fill prepared muffin cups half full. Place about 1 teaspoon jam in each cup. Top each cup with additional batter , evenly dividing batter and covering jam.
- 5. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until risen and firm. Cool in pan on wire rack. Makes 12 muffins.
- Tip: Seedless raspberry jam makes great oozy red center for Halloween or black cherry jam for a black forest muffin.
- Recipe adapted from UK CADBURY site and used with permission.