HERSHEY’S Triple Chocolate Brownies
Milk chocolate chips and creamy chocolate frosting transform ordinary chocolate brownies into triple chocolate brownies. Make frosted chocolate brownies from scratch with this easy recipe.
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 15 Minutes
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa or HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- CREAMY BROWNIE FROSTING (recipe follows)
- 1 cup HERSHEY'S Kitchens Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1. Heat oven to 350° F. Grease 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan or two 8- or 9-inch square pans.
- 2. Place butter in large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 2 to 2-1/2 minutes or until melted. Stir in sugar and vanilla. Beat in eggs. Add remaining dry ingredients; beat well. Stir in nuts, if desired. Pour batter into prepared pan or pans.
- 3. Bake 30 to 35 minutes for 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan (20 to 22 minutes for 8- or 9-inch pans) or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Prepare and frost with CREAMY BROWNIE FROSTING. Garnish frosted brownies with milk chocolate chips. Cut into bars. Makes about 24 brownies.
- CREAMY BROWNIE FROSTING
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 6 tablespoons HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 to 4 tablespoons milk
- Beat butter, cocoa, corn syrup and vanilla in medium bowl until blended. Add powdered sugar and milk; beat to spreading consistency. Makes 1-2/3 cups frosting.