HERSHEY'S "PERFECTLY CHOCOLATE" Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe
This Easter egg cupcakes recipe is easy and a crowd pleaser! Top HERSHEY’S most popular and decadently delicious chocolate cupcake recipe with creamy chocolate frosting and CADBURY MINI EGG Candy. Dark chocolate lovers can substitute HERSHEY’S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa for a darker, more decadent cupcake.
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 15 Minutes
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa or HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 cups chocolate frosting (homemade or ready-to-spread)
- CADBURY Milk Chocolate Mini Eggs or other small candy decorations (optional)
- 1. Heat oven to 350° F. Line muffin cups (2-1/2 inches in diameter) with paper or foil bake cups.
- 2. Stir together dry ingredients in large bowl. Add remaining ingredients except boiling water. Beat on medium speed of electric mixer 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Fill muffin cups 1/2 full with batter.
- 3. Bake 22 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely. Frost with chocolate frosting and garnish with sprinkles, if desired. Makes about 36 cupcakes.
- Top your chocolate cupcakes with our easy homemade chocolate frosting recipe. And if you love these chocolate cupcakes, check out our "PERFECTLY CHOCOLATE" Chocolate Cake recipe.