HERSHEY’S Chocolate Chocolate Shake
Shake things up with the extreme version of a HERSHEY’S double chocolate milkshake. What makes it so extreme? Think chocolate candy lollipops, chocolate frosting and pieces of HERSHEY’S Candy as garnishes! If you’re not into extreme shakes, check out the optional basic recipe.
- 1 HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate Bar (1.55 oz.) , unwrapped
- 1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Syrup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups Breyers® natural vanilla or chocolate ice cream
- BASIC RECIPE:
- Break chocolate bar into pieces; place in blender container. Add syrup and milk. Cover; blend until smooth. Add ice cream; cover and blend until smooth and thick. Serve immediately. Makes 1 (3 cup) serving.
- EXTREME VERSION:
- 1. About 1 hour ahead or several days ahead make CHOCOLATE CANDY LOLLIPOPS (directions below), if desired. (TIP: For best results use lollipop sticks that will extend one to three inches above the rim of the serving glass.)
- 2. Swirl HERSHEY'S Syrup in spiral pattern on inside of serving glass.
- 3. Place thick coating of chocolate frosting (about 1-1/2 inch wide) on outside rim of glass; press HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips or other chocolate bar pieces into frosting.
- 4. Prepare milkshake following above directions; pour into glass. Top with whipped cream, frosted and garnished chocolate cupcakes or brownies.
- 5. Garnish with CHOCOLATE CANDY LOLLIPOPS, if desired.
- CHOCOLATE CANDY LOLLIPOPS:
- Any combination of HERSHEY, REESE, ALMOND JOY, MOUNDS, YORK Snack Size or Miniature Bars plus any flavor HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Candies
- 1 to 2 tablespoons HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate Chips or HERSHEY'S Premier White Chips
- Lollipop sticks
- 1. Remove wrappers from chocolate candies. Using point of small paring knife "drill" small hole (about 1/4 inch deep) into bottom of each chocolate piece; set aside. Fill small bowl with granulated sugar. Line tray with wax paper.
- 2. Place 1 tablespoon chocolate chips or white chips in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 15 seconds; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 10 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chips are melted and smooth when stirred. One at a time, dip about 1/4 inch of the tip of a lollipop stick into melted chocolate and insert into hole in bottom of chocolate piece. Flat candies can be placed on prepared tray, but for KISSES pieces place pointed end of chocolate piece into sugar. Straighten so that piece is upright with stick pointing straight up. While chocolate is very soft readjust stick so that it is straight. Repeat procedure until desired number of lollipops are made. Allow to firm before using. Store lollipops in cool, dry place.
- Breyers® is a registered trademark of Unilever.