HERSHEY'S Brownie Cake
Bake a stunning chocolate brownie layer cake using a brownie mix and homemade whipped cocoa topping. Slice up and serve for any special occasion. Guests will never guess that this easy brownie cake recipe was so quick and simple to make.
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : (excluding bake time) 20 Minutes
- 2 (13 x9x2-inch) fudgey brownie mixes or your favorite fudgey brownie recipe
- Ingredients needed for brownie mixes or brownie recipe
- 2 tubs frozen non-dairy whipped topping (8 oz. each), thawed
- 2/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Kitchens Milk Chocolate Chips, divided
- Berries for garnish (optional)
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons water
- 1. Line two 9-inch round cake pans with foil; grease foil. Prepare and bake one brownie according to package or recipe directions in prepared cake pan. Repeat for second brownie. Cool completely in pans on wire rack. Remove from pans.
- 2. Place 2/3 cup cocoa in large mixing bowl. Gradually blend whipped topping into cocoa. Set aside.
- 3. Place one brownie layer on serving platter. Spread 2 cups cocoa whipped topping over surface. Top with second brownie layer.
- 4. Place sugar and water in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 20 to 30 seconds or until very hot and sugar is dissolved. Immediately add 1/3 cup milk chocolate chips; stir vigorously until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Drizzle melted chocolate over edges of brownie cake. Top with remaining cocoa whipped topping. Garnish with remaining chips and berries, if desired. Refrigerate leftover cake. Makes 12 servings.