Golden Swirled Cheesecake
Smooth and creamy vanilla cheesecake with golden swirls of sweetness throughout.
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 25 Minutes
- GRAHAM CRACKER CRUMB CRUST (recipe follows)
- 4 bars (1.4 oz. each) HERSHEY'S GOLD Caramelized Creme Bar with Peanuts & Pretzels
- 3 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 3/4 cup sweetened whipped cream
- 1. Heat oven to 350° F. Prepare GRAHAM CRACKER CRUMB CRUST. Remove wrappers from candy bars; break into coarse pieces and set aside.
- 2. Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in large bowl until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Set aside 1/4 cup batter; spread remaining batter in prepared crust.
- 3. Place candy bar pieces and milk in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 30 seconds; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM 10 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until candies are melted and mixture is well blended when stirred. Gradually blend reserved cheesecake batter into candy mixture. Drop candy mixture by tablespoons onto vanilla batter. Gently swirl with knife for marbled effect.
- 4. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until center is almost set.* Remove from oven to wire rack. With knife, loosen cake from side of pan. Cool completely; remove side of pan. Cover; refrigerate until chilled. Top each serving with about 1 tablespoon whipped cream. Garnish as desired. Cover; refrigerate leftover cheesecake. Makes 12 servings.
- GRAHAM CRACKER CRUMB CRUST: Heat oven to 350° F. Stir together 1-3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs and 1/4 cup sugar in medium bowl; blend in 1/3 cup melted butter or margarine. Press mixture onto bottom and 2 inches up side of 9-inch springform pan. Bake 8 minutes; cool.
- *Cheesecakes are less likely to crack if baked in a water bath.