Easy REESE'S Cookies
Chocolate-dipped peanut butter cookies couldn’t be easier! Just sprinkle REESE’S Peanut Butter Chips into a peanut butter cookie mix, then dip your cookies in melted HERSHEY’S Milk Chocolate Chips.
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 12 Minutes
- 1 (17.5 oz.) peanut butter cookie mix
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3/4 cup REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips
- 1-1/4 cups HERSHEY'S Kitchens Milk Chocolate Chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil)
- Additional REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips (optional)
- 1. Heat oven to 375°F. Combine cookie mix , vegetable oil, water and egg in medium bowl; mix with spoon or fork until thoroughly blended. Stir in 3/4 cup peanut butter chips.
- 2. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Gently press with back of fork to make criss-cross pattern.
- 3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until very lightly browned. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
- 4. Line cookie sheets or trays with wax paper. Place milk chocolate chips and shortening in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chocolate is melted and smooth when stirred.
- 5. Dip about one-half of each cookie into melted chips. Shake gently and scrape cookie bottom on edge of bowl to remove excess chocolate. Immediately top cookies with chopped peanut butter chips, if desired. Place on prepared tray until set. Makes about 54 cookies.