Easy Mouthwatering Carrot Cake with REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips Recipe
Why bake a carrot cake when you can bake a carrot cake with REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips? The result is moist, crumbly and incredibly delicious. Easter never tasted so good. Just add pineapple and a few other easy ingredients to boxed cake mix. Then top your ultimate carrot cake with cream cheese frosting.
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 15 Minutes
- 1-2/3 cups (10-oz. pkg.) REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips, divided
- 1 package (2-layer size) yellow cake mix
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (8 oz.) crushed pineapple packed in juice, undrained
- 2 cups finely shredded carrot (about 3 large carrots)
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- Cream cheese frosting (homemade or ready-to-spread)
- 1. Heat oven to baking temperature given on cake package. Grease and flour 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- 2. Stir together dry cake mix and cinnamon in large bowl. Add oil, eggs and undrained pineapple, stirring until well blended. Stir in carrot,1 cup peanut butter chips and walnuts. Spread batter in prepared pan.
- 3. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes out almost clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Frost with cream cheese frosting. Just before serving, garnish cake pieces with remaining peanut butter chips. Cover; refrigerate leftover cake. Makes 24 servings.
- For directions to make this recipe from scratch and for the homemade frosting, please Click Here