Double Chocolate Pretzel Brownie Bites
Pretzels and chocolate go together wonderfully. And these double chocolate brownies with a pretzel topper are no exception. Salty, sweet and crunchy, they're the perfect bite sized dessert!
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 20 Minutes
- 2 ounces HERSHEY’S Kitchens Unsweetened Chocolate Baking Bar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (1/2 stick)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour or all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup HERSHEY’S Kitchens Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 20 whole mini pretzels (about 1-1/2 inches in diameter)
- About 2 teaspoons sea salt or kosher salt for topping
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Lightly grease 20 (1-3/4 inches in diameter) mini muffin cups.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate and butter in 20 second increments, stirring after each. Add the sugar, whisking to combine. Add in the eggs, whisking until smooth and then whisk in vanilla. Using a spoon, stir in the flour, instant coffee, and salt until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Evenly divide batter into prepared cups. Top each cup with a pretzel, gently pressing it down into batter. Bake 13-15 minutes each or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out almost clean. Remove from oven. Sprinkle tops with salt.
- Cool completely on a wire rack. Makes 20 chocolate pretzel brownie bites.
- Baking Tips:
- For cakier brownies, add 1/2 teaspoon baking powder.
- For a nutty brownie, add chopped walnuts or pecans to batter instead of topping with pretzels.
- For chewier brownies, add 1/4 cup packed brown sugar and 1/4 granulated sugar.
- For sweeter brownies, use HERSHEY’S Kitchens Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Bar.