Crunchy REESE'S PIECES Cereal Bars
Take your cereal bar treats to the next level with REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips, REESE'S PUFFS Cereal and REESE'S PIECES Candy. Once you've tried these no-bake dessert bars, you'll never go back to the ordinary krispy treat again.
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 20 Minutes
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine (1/2 stick)
- 40 marshmallows (10-oz. pkg) or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips
- 6 cups REESE'S PUFFS Cereal
- 3/4 cup REESE'S Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 cup REESE'S PIECES Candy
- 1. Butter 1 (13 x 9x2-inch) pan.
- 2. Place peanut butter and butter in large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 45 seconds or until butter is melted and mixture is blended and smooth. Add marshmallows; stir to coat with peanut butter mixture. Microwave at HIGH 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave at HIGH an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until marshmallows are melted when stirred. Add peanut butter chips; stir until chips are melted and mixture is blended.
- 3. Immediately add cereal, stirring until well coated. Press mixture evenly in prepared pan. Sprinkle candies over surface, pressing in firmly. Cool completely. Cut into bars. Makes 24 bars.
- Note: Cereal mixture can also be rolled into balls about the size of popcorn balls.
- PEANUT BUTTER & CHOCOLATE CRUNCHY CEREAL BARS: Substitute COCOA PUFFS Cereal for REESE'S PUFFS Cereal and replace peanut butter chips with HERSHEY’S Kitchens Milk Chocolate Chips or HERSHEY’S Kitchens Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips.