Cookies 'N' Creme Pineapple Braid
Here’s a versatile pineapple bread recipe that works just as well at breakfast as it does at the dessert table. Topping it off is a sublimely good Cookies ‘n’ Creme Pineapple Glaze featuring HERSHEY’S Cookies ‘n’ Creme Baking Pieces.
SKILL LEVEL : IntermediatePREP TIME : 25 Minutes
- 1 can (8 oz.) crushed pineapple
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-3/4 cups (9-oz. pkg.) HERSHEY'S Cookies 'N' Creme Baking Pieces, divided
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 1 package (8 oz.) refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 egg, beaten
- Cookies 'N' Creme Pineapple Glaze (recipe follows)
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheet or cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Drain and squeeze pineapple, reserving juice; set aside. Beat cream cheese, sugar and egg in small bowl until smooth. Stir in pineapple, 1 cup HERSHEY’S Cookies ‘N’ Creme Baking Pieces and 1/2 cup pecans,
3. Unroll crescent roll dough and place on prepared baking sheet; roll into a 15x9-inch rectangle. Spread cream cheese filling lengthwise down center of dough. Cut 1-inch wide strips diagonally on both sides of dough to within 1/2 inch of filling. Alternately fold opposite strips of dough at angle across filling. Pinch ends together. Brush lightly with beaten egg.
4. Bake 28 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely. Prepare Cookies 'N' Creme Pineapple Glaze; drizzle over braid. Garnish with remaining chocolate cookies and pecans. Cover; refrigerate leftover braid. Makes 12 servings.
Cookies 'N' Creme Pineapple Glaze
3/4 cup remaining HERSHEY’S Cookies ‘N’ Creme Baking Pieces
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
1 to 2 tablespoons reserved pineapple juice
Separate baking pieces into white chips and cookie bits. Place white chips and butter in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave (50%) 30 seconds; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 10 seconds at a time, stirring until melted and smooth when stirred. Add powdered sugar and enough juice until smooth and slightly thickened.