Christmas Cookie Pizza
Celebrate the holidays with something new: a Christmas dessert pizza! This cookie pizza recipe is an easy dessert for beginners. Just make the crust out of sugar cookie mix and add your favorite candy toppings.
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 20 Minutes
- 1 pouch (about 17.5 oz.) sugar cookie mix
- 1/4 cup HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa or HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tub (8 oz.) frozen non-dairy whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Kitchens Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil)
- Assorted holiday sprinkles
- 1. Heat oven to 350° F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper, extending paper at least 1 inch beyond sides and ends of pan.
- 2. Stir together cookie mix and cocoa in large bowl until well blended and no lumps remain. Add butter and egg; stir until soft dough forms (hand knead if necessary).
- 3. Press cookie dough evenly into 10- to 12-inch circle on prepared cookie sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center of cookie comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Transfer cookie to serving platter or leave on cookie sheet.
- 4. Place milk chocolate chips and shortening in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 30 seconds; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 10 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred. Set aside.
- 5. Top cooled cookie with whipped topping to within 1/4 inch of edge. Drizzle with melted chocolate and garnish with holiday sprinkles. Cut into slices and serve immediately. Cover and refrigerate leftover cookie pizza. Makes 12 servings.