Christmas Brownie Pops
Need an easy holiday treat that's sure to wow your guests? Made with HERSHEY’S Kitchens Milk Chocolate Chips, this decorative dessert looks great inside holiday gift bags and boxes. Just wrap each brownie pop in plastic, tie with a pretty ribbon and let the festivities begin.
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 39 Minutes
- 1 package of fudgey brownie mix with necessary ingredients
- 2 packages (11.5 oz. each) HERSHEY'S Kitchens Milk Chocolate Chips, divided
- 36 lollipop sticks
- Styrofoam block
- Holiday sprinkles, chopped nuts or small decorative candies
- Plastic wrap (optional)
- Narrow ribbon (optional)
- 1. Following package or recipe directions prepare and bake brownies in foil-lined pan with foil extending beyond pan edges. Cool completely in pan.
- 2. Line tray with wax paper. Using foil as handles lift brownie out of pan. Cut off brownie edges. With hands knead and roll remaining brownie until it forms one large ball. Divide brownie ball into 36 (about 1-1/4 inch) balls; place on prepared tray.
- 3. Place 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 30 seconds; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 10 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chips are melted and smooth when stirred. One at a time, dip about 1/2 inch of the tip of lollipop stick into melted chocolate and insert stick about halfway into brownie balls; return to tray. Freeze about 10 minutes.
- 4. Place remaining milk chocolate chips in deep microwave-safe bowl (such as large glass measuring cup). Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chips are melted and smooth when stirred.
- 5. If needed, gently reshape balls. Dip each brownie pop into melted chocolate, gently tap off excess coating. Immediately add Holiday sprinkles or other toppings. Place upright into Styrofoam block. Repeat until all pops are coated. (If coating mixture cools and coating becomes difficult, microwave at MEDIUM 10 to 15 seconds; stir.) Refrigerate about 1 hour or until firm. Wrap pops in plastic wrap and tie with ribbon bow, if desired. Store covered in refrigerator. Makes 36 brownie pops.
- 1. Place container with melted chocolate in bowl filled with about 1 inch warm water to help keep the chocolate fluid longer. Be careful not to allow any water to get into the chocolate mixture.
- 2. About 3 inches of granulated sugar in shallow containers can be used to support pops if a Styrofoam block is unavailable.
- 3. Leftover melted chocolate can be used to coat pretzels, cookies or other snacks.