Chocolate Yule Log
If you've ever wondered how to make a chocolate yule log, don't worry. You just found the best yule log recipe ever. This fun holiday dessert blends CADBURY DAIRY MILK Chocolate with icing to create a delectable Christmas treat.
SKILL LEVEL : AdvancedPREP TIME : 1 Hr.12 Minutes
- Granulated sugar or super-fine sugar for rolling
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar or super-fine sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3-1/2 tablespoons HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 7 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- One half (3.5 oz. bar) CADBURY DAIRY MILK Chocolate Bar, melted
- 1. Heat oven to 400° F. Grease 15-1/2x10-1/2x 1-inch jelly-roll pan; line with parchment paper. Place large piece of parchment paper on counter top; sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- 2. Beat eggs and sugar together with electric mixer in large bowl until thick and creamy and spoon pulled through mixture leaves a trail (about 12 minutes). Sift flour and cocoa together; carefully fold into egg mixture along with 1 tablespoon hot water. Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until top springs back when touched lightly in center. Immediately invert cake onto prepared parchment paper.
- 4. Make a dent along one narrow edge about 1/2 inch in from edge. From this end, roll cake with the paper in the middle. Place on wire rack. Cool completely.
- 5. Beat butter and powdered sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in melted chocolate. Unroll cake; remove paper. Spread 1/3 cup of the frosting on cake; reroll.
- 6. Cut off 2-inch portion of rolled cake; place to one side of log to form a branch. Frost entire cake with remaining frosting. Mark frosting with fork to look like a log. Decorate as desired. Makes 12 servings.
- Recipe adapted from UK CADBURY site and used with their permission.