Chocolate Yogurt Granola Bowl with Cherry Compote
Take your snacks to the next level with this cherry compote recipe. It's a powerful blend of yogurt, cherries, granola and HERSHEY'S Kitchens Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips. A great treat any time of day or night!
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 20 Minutes
- 1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Kitchens Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cups pitted Bing cherries (fresh or frozen, thawed)*
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup granola
- 1. Place chocolate chips and milk in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 30 seconds; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 10 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred. Cool to room temperature; fold into yogurt. Cover; refrigerate while preparing next step.
- 2. Place cherries, brown sugar and coconut oil in medium saucepan. Stir in water. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer about 20 minutes or until cherries are tender and sauce is slightly thickened. Cool slightly.
- 3. Divide yogurt mixture equally into six small Mason jars or parfait glasses. Top with cherries and granola. Cover; refrigerate leftovers. Makes 6 servings.
- * Canned cherries may also be used. Drain well and omit 1/4 cup added water.