Chocolate Peppermint Mini Bundt Cakes
A fun and delicious dessert for any holiday party. A drizzle of peppermint ganache and sprinkling of crushed candy canes makes them super festive!
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 25 Minutes
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk or sour milk*
- 1/2 cup brewed strong black coffee
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pure peppermint extract
- About 2 tablespoons crushed candy canes (optional)
- CHOCOLATE PEPPERMENT GANACHE (recipe follows)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour six mini fluted cake pans or 6-ounce cups. (Nonstick cooking spray with flour may also be used.)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, flour, HERSHEY'S Cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add eggs, buttermilk, coffee, oil and peppermint extract. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for about two minutes; the batter will be thin.
- Fill prepared cake molds about 3/4 full with batter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 16-20 minutes, or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack 5 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely.
- Prepare CHOCOLATE PEPPERMINT GANACHE; drizzle over cakes. Garnish with crushed candy canes, if desired. Makes 6 mini cakes.
- To Make the Ganache:
- 1. Place 1 cup HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Baking Chips and 6 tablespoons heavy whipping cream in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 30 seconds; stir. If necessary, microwave at HIGH an additional 10 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon pure peppermint extract. Makes about 1/2 cup ganache.
- *To sour milk, add milk to 1-1/2 teaspoons vinegar to make 1/2 cup.