CHOCOLATE-PEANUT BUTTER TWIZZLERS CAKE
SKILL LEVEL : IntermediatePREP TIME : 1 Hr. Minutes
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups whole milk at room temperature
- FROSTING (recipe follows)
- 2 bags TWIZZLERS Chocolate Twists Candy (12 oz. each)
- 1 bag REESE'S PIECES Candies (10.5 oz.)
- 1. Heat oven to 350° F. Grease and flour three 8-inch round cake pans.
2. Stir together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
3. Beat butter and sugar in bowl of electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment 4 to 5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well and scraping down the side of the bowl after each addition. Mix in vanilla.
4. Add a third of the flour mixture to the bowl of the electric mixer, mixing on low to combine. Add half the milk; mix to combine. Repeat with another third of the flour mixture and the remaining milk, ending with the remaining flour mixture. Mix just until well blended. Divide batter evenly into prepared pans.
5. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted into center of cake comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely.
6. Prepare FROSTING. Place one cake layer on platter or cake stand. Spread top with about 1 cup frosting. Repeat with remaining two layers.
7. Frost sides and top of cake with remaining frosting. Measure height of assembled cake; cut chocolate twists to that measurement. Press flat side of twists vertically around the side of the cake. Trim tops of candy with scissors if needed. Cover top of cake with REESE'S PIECES Candies, pressing lightly into frosting. Serve immediately or hold at room temperature until ready to serve. Once sliced, store leftover cake in airtight container in refrigerator for up to three days. Makes 12 servings.
FROSTING: Beat 1-1/2 cups (3 sticks) softened butter in bowl of electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment, gradually beating in 7 cups powdered sugar. Beat 4 to 5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Beat in 1/4 cup whole milk and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract until blended. Makes 5 cups frosting. Recipe provided to The Hershey Company by PureWow and used with permission.