Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes
Chocolate peanut butter cupcakes frosted with chocolate peanut butter frosting and garnished with REESE’S White Peanut Butter Cups Miniature and sprinkles.
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 18 Minutes
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup REESE'S Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup boiling water or hot brewed coffee
- 18 REESE'S White Peanut Butter Cups Miniatures
- EASY CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING (recipe follows)
- 1. Heat oven to 350° F. Line 18 muffin cups (2-1/2 inches in diameter) with paper or foil baking cups.
- 2. Beat sugar, peanut butter, oil and vanilla in large mixing bowl until blended. Beat in egg. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add flour mixture alternately with milk to peanut butter mixture, beating until thoroughly blended. Stir in boiling water. Evenly divide batter into prepared muffin cups (filling each about half way or with about 3 tablespoons batter).
- 3. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted into centers of cupcakes comes out clean. Cool completely in pans on wire racks.
- 4. Remove wrappers from peanut butter cups; cut each into halves and set aside. Prepare and frost cupcakes with EASY CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING. Top each frosted cupcake with sprinkles and 2 peanut butter cup halves. Makes 18 cupcakes.
- EASY CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING:
- 2 tablespoons orange or desired color sprinkles
- Combine one can (16 oz.) ready-to-spread chocolate frosting with 1/2 cup REESE’S Creamy Peanut Butter. Makes 1-3/4 cups frosting.