Chocolate Cut-Out Cookies
Christmas cookies just got better! Chocolate cookies drizzled with HERSHEY’S Milk Chocolate Chips and Premier White Chips making for a fun and delicious holiday treat!
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : (excluding bake and chill times) 45 Minutes
- 1 cup (2 sticks) cold butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup HERSHEY'S Kitchens Milk Chocolate Chips
- 3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Kitchens Premier White Chips
- 1-1/2 tablespoons shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil)
- 1. Beat butter and sugar in large mixer bowl just until well blended. Add eggs; beat until combined.
- 2. Stir together flour, cocoa and salt; gradually add to butter mixture until dough gathers into ball and pulls away from the mixing bowl sides. Divide dough into 4 equal sections; wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- 3. Heat oven to 350° F. Line several cookie sheets with parchment paper. One dough section at a time, roll out to about 1/4-inch thickness between two pieces of parchment or wax paper. Cut into desired shapes with cookie cutters. Transfer to prepared cookie sheet.
- 4. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set. Remove cookie sheet from oven to wire rack. Allow cookies to cool completely on cookie sheet before removing. Repeat rolling and baking cookie dough until all cookies are made.
- 5. Line several cookie sheets or trays with parchment paper; place cooled cookies on prepared sheets. Place milk chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon shortening in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred. Drizzle over cookies.
- 6. Repeat melting and drizzling procedure with white chips and remaining shortening. Allow drizzles to firm. Store cookies flat in one layer in cool, dry place or in refrigerator. Makes about 30 (3 inch ) cookies.
- Note: This recipe contains no leavening agent resulting in sharp clean cookie edges.