Chocolate & Cherry Shortbread Cookies
The perfect gift, tied up with a bow. These tasty shortbread cookies balance the sweet flavors of cherry and CADBURY DAIRY MILK Chocolate. They're sure to make your friends and family smile this Christmas – or any other time of the year.
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 15 Minutes
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick) , softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar or super-fine sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons candied red cherries chopped (about 9 cherries)
- One half CADBURY DAIRY MILK Chocolate Bar (3.5 oz. bar) , chopped
- 1. Heat oven to 375° F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper or lightly grease.
- 2. Sift flour into large bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles bread crumbs. Add sugar, cherries and chocolate pieces, mixing with hands until a dough forms.
- 3. Roll out on lightly floured surface to a height of about 1/2 inch. Cut out cookies using 2-inch round cookie cutter. Reroll dough scraps, cutting cookies until dough is used. Place cookie rounds on prepared cookie sheets.
- 4. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. Makes about 1 dozen cookies.
- Tip: Use themed cookie cutters for special occasions.
- Recipe adapted from UK CADBURY site and used with their permission.