Chocolate & Apricot Cake
Give your taste buds a break from the norm with chewy apricots and smooth CADBURY DAIRY MILK Milk Chocolate. This easy to make pound cake is something a little different that's still crowd pleasing. Top it with a homemade icing if you want, or add more chocolate pieces to the top.
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 15 Minutes
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter , softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar or super-fine sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups plus self-rising flour 3 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 can canned apricot halves (14 oz.) , drained well
- 1 bar CADBURY DAIRY MILK Chocolate Bar (3.5 oz.) , coarsely chopped
- 1. Heat oven to 350° F. Grease and line 8x4x3-inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Beat butter and sugar in large mixer bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir together flour and baking powder; gradually fold into mixture.
- 3. Set aside half of the apricots. Coarsely chop the remaining apricots and the chocolate bar; gently fold into batter. Spread batter in prepared pan; top with reserved apricot halves.
- 4. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until top is golden and wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 15 minutes. Remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely. Makes 8 servings.
- Note: The top layer of apricots will sink during baking giving the cake a bumpy top. Dried apricots may be substituted for the canned apricots.
- Recipe adapted from UK CADBURY site and used with their permission.