Chef Duran’s Baking Pieces Pudding
This homemade pudding recipe only takes a few minutes to come together. Once you've made the base, you can make it your own by using your favorite HERSHEY'S Baking Pieces. It could be anything from butterscotch to cookies 'n creme — it's up to you!
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 5 Minutes
- 1 cup HERSHEY'S S'mores Baking Pieces or HERSHEY'S Cookies 'N' Creme Baking Pieces
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sweetened whipped cream or whipped topping
- Additional HERSHEY'S S'mores Baking Pieces or HERSHEY'S Cookies 'N' Creme Baking Pieces (optional)
- Additional 8 large marshmallows (optional)
- Place egg yolks in medium heatproof bowl; beat slightly. Set aside.
- Stir together sugar, cornstarch and salt in 2-quart saucepan. Gradually stir in milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and comes to a boil. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Gradually stir at least half of the hot milk mixture into egg yolks; stir back into hot mixture in saucepan. Boil and stir 1 minute; remove from heat. Stir in HERSHEY’S S’mores Baking Pieces (or HERSHEY’S Cookies ‘N’ Creme Baking Pieces) butter and vanilla, stirring until mixture is blended.
- Pour pudding into dessert dishes. Cover; refrigerate several hours or until cold. If using the HERSHEY’S S’mores Baking Pieces, garnish with one large toasted marshmallow. If using the HERSHEY’S Cookies ‘N’ Creme Baking Pieces, garnish with whipped cream and extra baking pieces, if desired. Cover; store remaining pudding in refrigerator. Makes 4 servings (or 8 servings if served in long shot glasses).