JOLLY RANCHER Agate Lollipops
Use JOLLY RANCHER Hard Candy to make these sweet agate lollipops. All you need is parchment paper and lollipop sticks to transform those fruit flavored candies into sparkling sweet homemade lollipops.
SKILL LEVEL : IntermediatePREP TIME : 41 Minutes
- Parchment paper
- 30 JOLLY RANCHER Original Hard Candies in assorted colors
- 10 lollipop sticks
- 1. Heat oven to 350° F. Line two baking sheets or cookie sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
2. Prepare lollipop molds by cutting 10 ovals (each 3 to 5 inches in diameter) from parchment paper. Cut small hole using scissors in center of each oval. Make short cuts about 1/4 inch apart around the center hole. Do the same around the outside of the oval (no need to be precise). Fold the little cuts inward to create walls around the outside and at the center of the ovals. Place 5 parchment molds on each prepared baking sheet.
3. Remove wrappers from candies and sort by color. Place each color candy in heavy-duty (freezer) food storage bag; seal. Crush candies into coarse powder using rolling pin or other heavy object.
4. Sprinkle ring of one color crushed candy around the center of a mold. Repeat procedure for remaining molds using desired candy colors. Bake molds 3 to 5 minutes or until candy melts. Remove from oven.
5. Using a different color candy, sprinkle another ring of crushed candy around the first ring of melted candy, overlapping slightly. Return to oven; bake 3 to 5 minutes or until candy melts. Remove from oven; repeat process with different color candy to fill in any remaining space. Bake additional 3 to 5 minutes or until candy is melted.*
6. Remove from oven. Add lollipop stick to each mold. Rotate stick in melted candy several times so that end is fully coated. (This results in a more secure stick.) Cool completely on pan on wire rack. Carefully peel away paper. Store in airtight container, separated by sheets of parchment paper for up to three days. Makes 10 lollipops.
*Once you have perfected your technique you can add all the circles of candy colors in one step and bake only 1 time.
Recipe provided to The Hershey Company by PureWow and used with permission.