Get into the holiday spirit with a little festive baking.
It's that time of year–the ornaments are out, the holiday shopping is in full swing, and it's time to prepare for those holiday parties. These recipes are a fun way to get the kids involved in the kitchen and they make for the jolliest dessert table treats.
- Bake brownies according to recipe instructions
- Once cool, place brownies on a cutting board and slice into triangle shapes.
- Take pretzel rods and cut into 2 inch pieces.
- Push cut pretzel rod into bottom of triangle brownie. Don't push too far, as you don't want to see the pretzel push through the top of the brownie. Use a dab of frosting if needed to make the rod stay in place.
- Frost with light green frosting in a tree like pattern.
- Add sprinkles and toppings to decorate.
- Top with a yellow candy star or make a yellow star out of frosting.
- Bake cupcakes according to recipe instructions.
- Once cupcakes are cooled, cut the tops off the cupcakes to offer a flat surface
- Pipe vanilla frosting or whipped cream on top of cupcake to cover most of the surface. Don't over frost, as the next step will push the topping over the edges.
- Wash and de-core a strawberry and place upside down on top of frosting.
- Add a dot of frosting on top of the strawberry peak.
- Bake cookies according to recipe instructions.
- Once cookies are cooled, apply a variety of frosting and edible decorations. Design to your liking.
- Allow frosting to dry while you slice REESE'S Mini Cups in half with a knife.
- Tap a little frosting where you want to place the ornament hook or in our case, the REESE'S Mini Peanut Butter Cup. Apply candy to the surface, holding until the frosting dries and the candy stays put.
For more festive baking ideas, check out our full range of recipes here.
From all of us at HERSHEY’S Kitchens,