With the holiday season in full swing, HERSHEY’S Kitchens partnered with celebrity Chef George Duran, known as the host of TLC’s Ultimate Cake Off, to create a unique recipe using HERSHEY’S S’mores Baking Pieces and HERSHEY’S Cookies ‘N’ Creme Baking Pieces.
Both versions of the baking pieces are remixed versions of your favorite candy brands, and add flavor and fun to your homemade creations.
Chef Duran created this simple pudding recipe, which is completely customizable. You can either mix-in the HERSHEY’S S’mores Baking Pieces, topped off with a toasted marshmallow, or mix-in the HERSHEY’S Cookies ‘N’ Creme Baking Pieces topped with some whipped cream – whatever your heart desires! It’s also an easy dessert to make in advance, and pull out right before serving.
Baking Pieces Pudding
SERVING SIZE: Should be made in long shot glasses
- 1 cup HERSHEY'S S'mores Baking Pieces (or HERSHEY'S Cookies 'N' Creme Baking Pieces)
- 2 egg yolks large
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sweetened whipped cream or whipped topping
- Additional HERSHEY'S S'mores Baking Pieces or HERSHEY'S Cookies 'N' Creme Baking Pieces (optional)
- Additional 8 large marshmallows (optional)
- Place egg yolks in medium heatproof bowl; beat slightly. Set aside.
- Stir together sugar, cornstarch and salt in 2-quart saucepan. Gradually stir in milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and comes to a boil. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Gradually stir at least half of the hot milk mixture into egg yolks; stir back into hot mixture in saucepan. Boil and stir 1 minute; remove from heat. Stir in HERSHEY’S S’mores Baking Pieces (or HERSHEY’S Cookies ‘N’ Creme Baking Pieces) butter and vanilla, stirring until mixture is blended.
- Pour pudding into dessert dishes. Cover; refrigerate several hours or until cold. If using the HERSHEY’S S’mores Baking Pieces, garnish with one large toasted marshmallow. If using the HERSHEY’S Cookies ‘N’ Creme Baking Pieces, garnish with whipped cream and extra baking pieces, if desired. Cover; store remaining pudding in refrigerator.