Serve up the spookiest treats at the costume party this year with our favorite dressed up desserts. These ideas work for many of your favorite recipes; all you have to do is add the creepy, crawly finishing touches.
Turn these HERSHEY’S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa Cupcakes into a work of science fiction. Follow the recipe to make the cupcakes. Once cooled, follow these decorating directions:
- Follow this recipe for the base cupcakes: (Recipe)
- Mix vanilla frosting with two to four drops of green food coloring. Mix until consistent and obtaining the desired green color.
- Fill a frosting bag and pipe the frosting on top of cooled cupcakes.
- Using a frosting knife or spatula, flatten the top and edge off the sides.
- Lightly flip the cupcake and dip the frosted top into a plate of chocolate sprinkles.
- Add candy eyes (can be purchased online or homemade with frosting.
- Add chips to the side and design a scar using red sprinkles or thin cross hatched frosting pattern.
- And if you are feeling really festive, make him a companion using similar techniques.
Here are some goodies that are as terrifying as they are tasty. One look into the eyes of these creepy cookies will have your mouth watering.
- Follow the baking instructions for these Special Dark Chocolate Cookies: (Recipe)
- Then simply add your edible googly eyes once they come out of the oven.
Spider Icing is a super easy way to dress up that cake for Halloween. Here we used a trifle cake as our dessert of choice.
- To create the web, just make a spiral around your cake with your chocolate drizzle.
- Next, use a toothpick to draw a line from the center of the cake to the edge.
For more festive baking inspiration, check out all our occasion recipes here.
From all of us at HERSHEY’S Kitchens,