Your New Favourite Holiday Cookie Ornament Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Intermediate
- 52 vanilla wafer cookies (52)
- 1/2 cups REESE Spreads (125 mL)
- 26 REESE MINIATURES PEANUT BUTTER CUPS Candy (about 1/2 cup) (26 (about 125 mL))
- 1/2 to 1 cup vanilla frosting (125 mL to 250 mL)
- Red and green food colouring
- Assorted decorative sugars or candies for garnish
- 1. Line tray with wax paper. Spread 26 vanilla wafers with 1 tsp (5 mL) peanut butter chocolate spread. Top with second vanilla wafer to make sandwich. Place on prepared tray.
2. Trim about 1/8 inch (0.5 cm) from one side of each mini REESE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS Candy to form flat edge from top to bottom of cup. With frosting "glue" top of REESE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS Candy to top of cookie sandwich so that flat side is toward the back and makes top portion of ornament. Allow to set up so that cookie can be picked up without REESE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS Candy falling off.
3. Tint remaining frosting to desired shades of colouring. Pipe onto cookie fronts in various holiday designs. Sprinkle with decorative sugars, if desired.
Makes 26 Christmas cookies or holiday ornaments.
* Amount of frosting needed will vary depending on how the cookies are decorated.