White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
- 1 cup golden shortening (250 mL)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar (250 mL)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (125 mL)
- 2 eggs (2)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla (7 mL)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (500 mL)
- 1 tsp baking soda (5 mL)
- 1/2 tsp salt (2 mL)
- 1 1/3 cups CHIPITS White Chocolate Chips (225 g)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts, pecans, walnuts or almonds (250 mL)
- 1. Heat oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. In large bowl, beat shortening, brown sugar and granulated sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla until creamy.
3. In medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually blend into creamed mixture.
4. Stir in white chocolate chips and nuts.
5. Drop from spoon onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8 to 12 minutes until lightly browned. Let cool 1 minute. Cool on wire rack.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies.