White Chocolate Lemon Meringue Pie Recipe
A twist on traditional Lemon Meringue Pie, CHIPITS White Chocolate Chips add a richness to the tart lemon filling. A beauty to behold!
SKILL LEVEL : Intermediate
- 1 Tenderflake® Deep Dish Pie Shell, thawed (1)
- 1 1/2 cups milk (375 mL)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (125 mL)
- 1/3 cup Fleischmann’s® Canada Corn Starch (250 mL)
- 1 cup CHIPITS White Chocolate Chips (250 mL)
- 4 tsp finely grated lemon zest (20 mL)
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (75 mL)
- 2 tbsp cold Lactantia® Salted Butter, cut into cubes (30 mL)
- MERINGUE: ( )
- 1/2 cup Naturegg™ Simply Egg Whites™, well shaken, at room temperature (125 mL)
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar (2 mL)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar (75 mL)
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Bake pie shell for 12 minutes; cool completely.
2. Meanwhile, whisk milk with sugar and corn starch in a medium, heavy-bottom saucepan set over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is very thick; remove from heat. Whisk in chocolate chips until melted. Whisk in lemon zest and juice until well combined. Gradually whisk in butter until completely incorporated. Pour into prepared pie shell.
3. Meringue: Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Beat egg whites and cream of tartar until fluffy. Beating constantly, gradually add sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Mound meringue over hot pie filling, spreading right to edge of pie plate. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden. Cool to room temperature. Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
Makes 8 servings.