White Chocolate Fruit Tart Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : IntermediatePREP TIME : 30 Minutes
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened (175 mL)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar (125 mL)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (375 mL)
- 2 cups CHIPITS White Chocolate Chips (500 mL)
- 1/4 cup whipping cream (50 mL)
- 1 pkg cream cheese, softened (8 oz) (250 g)
- Fruit Topping:
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar (50 mL)
- 1 tbsp cornstarch (15 mL)
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice (125 mL)
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice (2 mL)
- Assorted sliced fresh fruit
- 1. Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C).
2. Beat butter with sugar until smooth; blend in flour. Press mixture onto bottom and up the side of a 12-inch (30 cm) round tart (or deep dish pizza) pan. Flute edge, if desired.
3. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned; cool completely.
4. Place white chips and whipping cream in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) for 60 to 90 seconds or until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred. Beat in cream cheese; spread mixture on cool crust.
5. Fruit Topping: Meanwhile, combine sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan; stir in pineapple juice and lemon juice. Set saucepan over medium heat; cook, stirring constantly, until thickened. Cool completely.
6. Arrange fresh fruit over chocolate mixture in a decorative pattern. Carefully brush Fruit Topping over fresh fruit until well-glazed. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
Makes 10 to 12 servings.