White Chocolate Fruit Tart Recipe
This colourful, creamy White Chocolate Fruit Tart is a show-stopper. The rich inside layer is balanced by fresh fruit.
SKILL LEVEL : IntermediatePREP TIME : 30 Minutes
|3/4 cup||butter or margarine, softened (175 mL)|
|1/2 cup||powdered sugar (125 mL)|
|1 1/2 cups||all-purpose flour (375 mL)|
|2 cups||CHIPITS White Chocolate Chips (500 mL)|
|1/4 cup||whipping cream (50 mL)|
|1 pkg||cream cheese, softened (8 oz) (250 g)||Fruit Topping:|
|1/4 cup||granulated sugar (50 mL)|
|1 tbsp||cornstarch (15 mL)|
|1/2 cup||pineapple juice (125 mL)|
|1/2 tsp||lemon juice (2 mL)||Assorted sliced fresh fruit|
- 1. Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C).
2. Beat butter with sugar until smooth; blend in flour. Press mixture onto bottom and up the side of a 12-inch (30 cm) round tart (or deep dish pizza) pan. Flute edge, if desired.
3. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned; cool completely.
4. Place white chips and whipping cream in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) for 60 to 90 seconds or until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred. Beat in cream cheese; spread mixture on cool crust.
5. Fruit Topping: Meanwhile, combine sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan; stir in pineapple juice and lemon juice. Set saucepan over medium heat; cook, stirring constantly, until thickened. Cool completely.
6. Arrange fresh fruit over chocolate mixture in a decorative pattern. Carefully brush Fruit Topping over fresh fruit until well-glazed. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
Makes 10 to 12 servings.